Benefits of Accreditation
- Legal guidance from lawyers who specialize in exempt organizations law, including sample documents, responses to request for information, and review of submitted policies and procedures.
- The rigorous accreditation process provides valuable training in organizational management to boards and executives.
- Displaying the National Standards logo that symbolizes organizational excellence on your website and materials and on Guidestar.
Recognition of Accreditation from Policymakers and Regulators
- The Council on Foundation’s policy team educates federal and state legislators on community foundation voluntary self-regulation.
- Bonus points for the HUD Secretary’s Award for Public-Private Partnerships.
- Three states, Iowa, Kentucky, and Maryland, already recognize National Standards with tax credit legislation connected to donations to community foundations with National Standards accreditation.
- California law permits accredited community foundations to be eligible managers of land trust endowments.