Benefits of Accreditation
National Standards is for you!
By accrediting your foundation, you enjoy benefits such as:
- Unlimited use of high quality, vetted sample policies and procedures specifically tailored to community foundations.
- An incentive to attract serious board members assured that your foundation is stable and legally sound.
- Resources for staff training and transition because policies are in place and well documented.
- Some states provide incentives to accredited community foundations through tax credits and eligibility for managing state resources. See more about Iowa, Kentucky, Maryland, and California.
- The National Standards Seal and the Marketing Toolkit make it easy for you to share your community foundation’s achievement with your community.
We know the process is rigorous and can be time consuming but your peers see the value.
Despite my whining, I very much remain a supporter of Standards. I’m very pleased Standards has stream-lined the process and content.”Steven A. Gilliland, CEO & President, Harrison County Community Foundation
“It is so helpful to have the support of someone who has personally gone through certification from a community foundation’s point of view. Your help was invaluable and your encouragement was greatly appreciated.”Peg Hamilton, Executive Director, Community Foundation of Greater Rochester