02: Mission Statement
The community foundation submits a mission statement approved by the board.
- Commitment to the public benefit
- A clearly stated organizational mission (Elements may also be found in other documents, such as vision, values, or principles statements.)
- Long-term goal of securing discretionary resources to meet changing community needs (Cross-check with governing documents or communication materials for consistency; can be in any one or all documents.)
- Focus on a defined geographical region such as a municipality, county, state, metropolitan area or closely related aggregation of such areas that are considered for some purposes as a community. An organization serving a single greater metropolitan area would satisfy this criterion even if that greater metropolitan area included parts of several states. This criterion excludes national and multinational organizations. (Cross-check with communication materials and governing documents for consistency; can be in any one or all documents.)
For the purposes of reconfirmation, a material change is any change in the mission statement. If any changes were made, please submit the revised documents and fill out chart below where appropriate. If you have had material changes, you will need to resubmit any documentation related to material changes. Review all key elements for this requirement by clicking the "confirming" toggle in the upper left corner of this page.
- Mission statement
- Vision, Values, or Principle Statements
- Governing Instruments
- Communication and Marketing Materials